Health Insurance plans for NY small businesses.
Click here for Individual health, dental and vision insurance information
No broker fees for small business plans(compensation paid by insurance carrier)
Call or write Cliff Grekin with any questions or to get a custom quote;
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed in order of network quality, downstate carriers first, then upstate carriers:
(3rd and 4th quarter 2014 rates are posted.)
Click the insurance company links to display the current small business health insurance quotes. ( no downloading, PDF spreadsheets )
1. Oxford Health quotes (a Unitedhealthcare company) EPO, PPO, HMO and HSA plans are available. Two great networks to choose from, Freedom and Liberty. These insurance plans give your employees national coverage(UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network). Available in all downstate NY counties up through Ulster and Sullivan Counties. Uses the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network outside of the tri-state area. Oxford will now require 51% minimum employee participation after valid waivers( Spousal or medicare waivers only ). Oxford will allow for up to 75% enrollment of out of area employees, this will be good for groups terminating from Empire with high out of area employee enrollment. Oxford will still allow for executive carve outs, but Oxford has to be the sole insurance company for the business. 3rd quarter and 4th quarter rates posted. Oxford Freedom is the largest network of providers in downstate New York, Oxford Liberty is a very comprehensive network of providers, it is about 25% smaller than Freedom. Oxford doctor search Oxford 2014 product chart
1a. Oxford Health Plans Liberty HMO quotes
(a UnitedHealthcare company) is a very low cost traditional HMO plan with low copays and a very good network of providers. Can enroll down to one employee from groups of 2 to 50 employees. Available in all downstate counties ( Nassau, Suffolk, New York City, Westchester, Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Dutchess Counties). The Liberty HMO still has no participation requirements, These plans do not use the Unitedhealthcare network of providers nationally. This is the best health insurance option for groups that will be enrolling less than 50% of full time employees after valid waivers. 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. Oxford doctor search
2. Aetna EPO, PPO and HSA quotes Health insurance plans are available in all counties in New York State. Aetna requires 60% enrollment after valid waivers, (spousal and medicare only) of your full time employees to enroll to qualify for these plans. Very good local and national network.
3rd and 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. Very good network of providers, only second to Oxford Freedom in NY. Aetna will allow for up to 50% of out of area employees to be enrolled.
Aetna doctor search
2a. Aetna NYC Community plans are low cost Health insurance plans for businesses located within New York City only. Approximately 25% of the NYC Aetna providers accept this plan with a co-payment. You can use the Aetna national network with this plan but you will pay the providers Aetna's contracted rates, not a co-pay. These plans will enroll down to one employee from groups of 2 to 50
employees. Aetna NYC Community doc finder flyer
4th quarter 2014 rates posted.
3. Health Republic Insurance (affiliated with the Freelancers Union) - Will service small businesses and individuals on and off exchange. HR will require 51% of full time employees to enroll after valid waivers. HR's service area is New York City, Long Island, Hudson Valley , Albany area and a few counties in Western NY. These plans will use a version of the Magnacare PPO Network of providers. Call us for the latest information. These plans are very low cost high value plans. These plans will not include The North Shore LIJ hospital system or the Hospital For Special Surgery. Health Republic doctor search All of these plans are also available on an individual basis. 3rd quarter and 4th quarter 2014 rates are the same rates, posted. Health Republic will allow for employees in NJ and CT to enroll in a NY small business plan.
4. Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - Empire will be available for downstate NY and the Albany and Mid Hudson areas. Empire will be offering a local network of providers called Empire Pathway. Pathway will be a reduced network of providers. The Pathway network will only include 3 or 4 hospitals per county. If enrolled in one of the EPO options, access is granted to the national Blue Card network when travelling outside of the NY area. Empire will allow up to 40% enrollment for employees in other states if using one of the EPO plans. All plans do require referrals. Empire Blue Cross doctor search 1st quarter and 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted.
5. North Shore-LIJ Care Connect - Will offer insurance plans using the North Shore-LIJ hospital system and the affiliated doctors. Plans for small businesses and individuals will be offered. NS LIJ will require 50% of your full time employees to enroll after valid waivers, executive carve outs are allowed. North Shore-LIJ Care Connect doctor search 4th quarter 2014 rates posted.
6. Emblem HIP select care plans are some of New York City's lowest cost plans. Available for Long Island, New York City, Rockland, Orange and Westchester small businesses only. Emblem plans now use the old HIP center network in conjunction with the AdvantageCare Physicians group network. This new network is call HIP SelectCare. 3rd quarter and 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. EmblemHealth doctor search Please use one of the exchange plans metalic network links.
Small Business Health insurance quotes for upstate New York:
7. MVP Health Care has a good network of doctors throughout New York State. MVP is available In most counties North of NY City. MVP EPO, PPO and high deductible Plans. MVP currently has no minimum enrollment requirements, any group with 2 or more employees can enroll down to 1 employee, in addition you can enroll out of area employees without restriction into the Cigna network nationally. 3rd quarter and 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. MVP doctor search
8. CDPHP: Has PPO, EPO, HMO and high deductible health plans with very low rates available for eastern and Central NYstate. CDPHP is the highest rated health insurance company in NY state. These high deductible plans are the lowest cost health plans available anywhere in NY. CDPHP has the most flexibility for deductibles and copays of any NY insurer. Their EPO plans offer a good value with low rates in Eastern and Central New York State. These plans will require a minimum of 50% enrollment of all full time employees to qualify. HMO plans have no participation requirements. Contact me for additional customized quotes. Very good, no referral coverage, with national network access using the First health national network outside of New York. NY city , long island, Westchester and Rockland use the Magnacare network of providers. 3rd quarter and 4th quarter 2014 rates are posted CDPHP doctor search
9. UnitedHealthcare Is one of the largest health insurance companies in the country. Very good local and national network. Available in all New York counties in upstate NY North and West of Ulster and Sullivan Counties, all other downstate New York counties are serviced by Oxford Health Plans ( a UnitedHealthcare company )UnitedHealthCare now offers 3 plans in downstate NY in conjunction with the LIJ-NS Care Connect network call or write for details. . 3rd quarter and 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. UnitedHealthCare doctor search
10. Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Has PPO and High deductible plans in three regions in NY state ( Utica region, Syracuse region and the Rochester region) These three regions cover from Delaware county up to Clinton county and as far west as Stueben, Monroe and Livingston Counties. Excellus also offers individual plans in these areas. Excellus require 75% participation after valid waivers.
3rd and 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. Excellus Blue Cross doctor search
11. Univera Healthcare Buffalo region (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming counties). Univera also offers individual plans in these counties contact me for quotes. Univera is a subsidiary of Excellus Blue Cross. Univera offers EPO, PPO and High deductible health plans. Univera requires 75% participation after vaild waivers. 4th quarter 2014 rates posted. Univera Healthcare doctor search
2014 Health insurance Exchange rates for individuals and small businesses
Contact Us Purchase Plan Customized Quote
consumer guide to group health insurance
Here are just a few of the small business health insurance companies and organizations that we represent.
The regions that we service are:
Albany, Buffalo, New York City, Long Island, Mid Hudson, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica and Watertown.