Health Insurance plans for NY small businesses.
Small business health insurance quotes.
Also visit our Individual plans page.
Click the insurance company links to display the current small business health insurance quotes. Links are also available for doctor search.
Call or write Cliff Grekin with any questions or to get a custom quote;
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Both 1st quarter and 2nd quarter 2014 rates are posted. ( check listing ).
Listed in order of network quality, downstate carriers first, then upstate carriers:
Small business health insurance quotes downstate New York:
1. Oxford Health quotes (a Unitedhealthcare company) EPO, POS and HSA plans are very affordable, 2 Great networks to choose from, Freedom and Liberty. These insurance plans give your employees national coverage(UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus). Available in all downstate NY counties up through Ulster and Sullivan Counties. Uses the UnitedHealthcare network outside of the tri-state area. Oxford will now require 51% minimum employee participation after valid waivers( effective 2/15/12 for new business), also Oxford will allow for up to 75% out of area employees, this will be good for groups terminating from Empire with high out of area employee enrollment. Oxford will still allow for executive carve outs, but Oxford has to be the sole insurance company for the business. 2nd quarter and 1st quarter 2014 rates posted. Oxford Freedom is the largest network of providers in downstate New York, Oxford Liberty is a very comprehensive network of providers, it is about 25% smaller than Freedom. Oxford doctor search Oxford 2014 product chart
1a. Oxford Health Plans Liberty HMO quotes
(a UnitedHealthcare company) is a very low cost traditional HMO plan with low copays and a very good network of providers. Can enroll down to one employee from groups of 2 to 50 employees. Available in all downstate counties ( Nassau, Suffolk, New York City, Westchester, Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Dutchess Counties). The Liberty HMO still has no participation requirements, These plans do not use the Unitedhealthcare network of providers nationally. This is the best health insurance option for groups that will be enrolling less than 50% of full time employees after valid waivers. 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. Oxford doctor search
2. Aetna EPO, PPO and HSA quotes Health insurance plans are available in all counties in New York State. Aetna requires 60% enrollment (after vaild waivers) of your full time employees to enroll to qualify for these plans. Very good local and national network.
2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. Very good network of providers, only second to Oxford Freedom in NY.
Aetna doctor search
2a. Aetna NYC Community plans are low cost Health insurance plans for businesses located within New York City only. Approximately 25% of the NYC Aetna providers accept this plan with a co-payment. You can use the Aetna national network with this plan but you will pay the providers Aetna's contracted rates, not a co-pay. These plans will enroll down to one employee from groups of 2 to 50
employees. Aetna NYC Community doc finder flyer
2nd quarter 2014 rates posted.
3. Health Republic Insurance (affiliated with the Freelancers Union) - Will service small businesses and individuals on and off exchange. HR will require 51% of full time employees to enroll after valid waivers. HR's service area is New York City, Long Island, Hudson Valley , Albany area and a few counties in Western NY. These plans will use a version of the Magnacare PPO Network of providers. Call us for the latest information. These plans are very low cost high value plans. These plans will not include The North Shore LIJ hospital system or the Hospital For Special Surgery. Health Republic doctor search All of these plans are also available on an individual basis. No increase for 2nd quarter 2014, rates posted.
4. Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - Empire will be available for downstate NY and the Albany and Mid Hudson areas. Empire will be offering a local network of providers called Empire Pathway. Pathway will be a reduced network of providers. The Pathway network will only include 3 or 4 hospitals per county. If enrolled in one of the EPO options, access is granted to the national Blue Card network when travelling outside of the NY area. Empire will allow up to 40% enrollment for employees in other states if using one of the EPO plans. All plans do require referrals. Empire Blue Cross doctor search 1st quarter and 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted.
5. North Shore-LIJ Care Connect - Will offer insurance plans using the North Shore-LIJ hospital system and the affiliated doctors. Plans for small businesses and individuals will be offered. NS LIJ will require 50% of your full time employees to enroll after valid waivers, executive carve outs are allowed. North Shore-LIJ Care Connect doctor search 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted.
6. Easy Choice offers New York City businesses a low cost HMO plan. Easy Choice uses private doctors and AMG medical group offices. When an Easy Choice member uses the AMG medical group there are no co pays or deductibles. These offices are exclusive to Easy Choice members. Easy Choice has no requirements for enrollment other than the employee works for your business at least 20 hours per week. 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted.
7. Healthy NY is a New York State subsidized insurance program available in all NY counties. Your business must qualify for these plans Eligibility Criteria for Small Employers These plans are low cost HMO plans available for small businesses that have not offered health insurance plans for at least the last 12 months, there are also low employee income requirements and participation requirements. If your business does qualify, please contact me for the rates, benefits and the insurance companies in your area. Healthy NY plans, all have yearly deductibles of $600 per person or $1,200 per family, before the HMO benefits kick in. Please call for additional information.
8. Emblem HIP select care plans are some of New York City's lowest cost plans. Available for Long Island, New York City, Rockland, Orange and Westchester small businesses only. Emblem plans now use the old HIP center network in conjunction with the AdvantageCare Physicians group network. This new network is call HIP SelectCare. 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. EmblemHealth doctor search Please use one of the exchange plans metalic network links.
Business quotes for upstate New York:
9. MVP Health Care has a good network of doctors throughout New York State. MVP is available In most counties North of NY City. MVP EPO, PPO and high deductible Plans require at least 75% of your full time employees to enroll (after valid waivers). 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. MVP doctor search
10. Aetna quotes has an excellent network of providers throughout New York state and Nationally. Aetna requires 60% participation after Valid waivers. All of Aetna's plans are no referall. Aetna offers EPO plans in every county in NY state. 2nd quarter 2014 rates are posted. Aetna doctor search
11. CDPHP: Has PPO, EPO, HMO and high deductible health plans with very low rates available for eastern and Central NYstate. CDPHP is the highest rated health insurance company in NY state. These high deductible plans are the lowest cost health plans available anywhere in NY. CDPHP has the most flexibility for deductibles and copays of any NY insurer. Their EPO plans offer a good value with low rates in Eastern and Central New York State. These plans will require a minimum of 50% enrollment of all full time employees to qualify. HMO plans have no participation requirements. Contact me for additional customized quotes. Very good, no referral coverage, with national network access using the First health national network outside of New York. NY city , long island, Westchester and Rockland use the Magnacare network of providers. 1st quarter 2014 rates are posted CDPHP doctor search
12. UnitedHealthcare Is one of the largest health insurance companies in the country. Very good local and national network. Available in all New York counties in upstate NY North and West of Ulster and Sullivan Counties, all other downstate New York counties are serviced by Oxford Health Plans ( a UnitedHealthcare company )UnitedHealthCare now offers 3 plans in downstate NY in conjunction with the LIJ-NS Care Connect network call or write for details. . 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. UnitedHealthCare doctor search
13. Health Republic Insurance (affiliated with the Freelancers Union) - Will service small businesses and individuals on and off exchange. New York City, Long Island, Hudson Valley , Albany area and a few counties in Western NY. These plans will use a version of the Magnacare PPO Network of providers. Call us for the latest information. These plans are very low cost high value plans. These plans will not include The North Shore LIJ hospital system or the Hospital For Special Surgery. Health Republic doctor search All of these plans are also available on an individual basis.No increase for 2nd quarter 2014, rates posted.
14. Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Has PPO and High deductible plans in three regions in NY state ( Utica region, Syracuse region and the Rochester region) These three regions cover from Delaware county up to Clinton county and as far west as Stueben, Monroe and Livingston Counties. Excellus also offers individual plans in these areas. Excellus require 75% participation after valid waivers.
2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. Excellus Blue Cross doctor search
15. Univera Healthcare Buffalo region (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming counties). Univera also offers individual plans in these counties contact me for quotes. Univera is a subsidiary of Excellus Blue Cross. Univera offers EPO, PPO and High deductible health plans. Univera requires 75% participation after vaild waivers. 2nd quarter 2014 rates posted. Univera Healthcare doctor search
2014 NY Health insurance Exchange rates for individuals and small businesses
Contact Us Purchase Plan Customized Quote
consumer guide to group health insurance
Here are just a few of the health insurance companies and organizations that we represent.
The counties that we service in New York State:
Albany, Clinton, Essex, Fulton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming Bronx, Kings, Manhattan, Nassau, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Sullivan, and Ulster Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Onondaga, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga and Tompkins Chenango, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Oswego, Otsego and St. Lawrence Counties
The regions that we service are:
Albany, Buffalo, New York City, Long Island, Mid Hudson, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica and Watertown.