2015 & 2016 Health Insurance quotes for NY small businesses with 2 to 100 full time equivalent employees
Call 631-963-6020 for immediate assistance or to purchase a plan. Contact us for the latest information for reporting requirements for groups over 50 employees. Fines and audits will be levied by the IRS for incomplete filings beginning early 2016.
Federal Open enrollment for small businesses from 2 to 100 full time equivalent employees begins on 11/15/15 and runs until 12/15/15 for a January 1, 2016 effective date. During this time your business doesn't have to meet the normal participation guidelines for enrollment.
Health Republic ordered to shut down on 11/30/15 see the department of financial services report here All individuals and small businesses need to apply for new coverage effective 12/1/15.
To view quotes: Click the insurance company links ( see below ) to display the current small business health quotes 2 to 50 (2015) or 2 to 100 (2016) full time equivalent employees. No downloading, PDF spreadsheets.
We don't charge broker fees for small business plans, all compensation is paid by the insurance companies. The prices for small business health plans are fixed by NY state. You won't pay anymore for using us. Our value is in our service and knowledge. Please try us today.
1. Oxford Health quotes (a Unitedhealthcare company) EPO, PPO, HMO and HSA plans are available. Three networks to choose from, Freedom, Liberty and Metro. These insurance plans give your employees national coverage(UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network). Available in all downstate NY counties up through Ulster and Sullivan Counties. Oxford uses the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network outside of the tri-state area. Oxford will require for their Non HMO plans ( PPO or EPO ) 60% minimum employee participation after valid waivers( Spousal, medicaid or medicare waivers only). Liberty HMO plans will continue to have no participation requirements. Oxford will allow for up to 75% enrollment for out- of- area employees. Oxford will still allow for executive carve outs, but Oxford has to be the sole insurance company for the business. Oxford Freedom is the largest network of providers in downstate New York, Oxford Liberty is a very comprehensive network of providers, it is about 25% smaller than Freedom, a third Oxford network called Metro will be available starting 1/1/16. The Metro network will be about 25% smaller than the Liberty network and it won't include the North Shore LIJ Hospital system. The Metro network will cost about 15 % less than a comparable Liberty network plan. All Metro plans will require referrals and be local only. 1st quarter 2016 and 4th quarter 2015 rates are posted. Oxford doctor search
2. Health Republic - CLOSING, NO NEW BUSINESS
3. CareConnect quotes -Save over 20% vs Oxford or Aetna comparable plans. CareConnect will become the lowest cost small business health plan beginning 1/1/16. If your employees are located in Nassau, Queens or western Suffolk county this will be the lowest cost plan by 20% or more beginning in 2016. Non Gated EPO plans available. CareConnect will offer insurance plans using the North Shore-LIJ hospital system and their affiliated doctors. CareConnect has no participation requirements. CareConnect will offer concierge service to all of their members. Careconnect will coordinate your care within their systems In 2016 CareConnect will begin offering National access plans using the Multiplan network, contact us for details. North Shore-LIJ Care Connect doctor search 1st quarter 2016 and 4th quarter 2015 rates are posted. CARE CONNECT 2016 RATE CARD 1st quarter. CareConnect list of hospitals and facilities
4. Aetna PPO, EPO, and HSA quotes Health insurance plans are available in all counties in New York State. Aetna requires 60% enrollment after valid waivers, (spousal, parental, individual, medicare and medicaid only) of your full time employees to enroll, to qualify for these plans. Very good local and national network.
Very good network of providers, only second to Oxford Freedom in NY. Aetna will allow for up to 50% of out of area employees to be enrolled. New! Aetna Saving Plus plans. These plans will have reduced rates and compete directly with the Oxford Metro plan. Aetna doctor search 1st quarter 2016 and 4th quarter 2015 rates posted.
5.. Aetna NYC Community plans Gated EPO plans are available. Low cost Platinum Health insurance plans for businesses located within New York City and the boroughs only. Approximately 40% of the NYC Aetna providers accept this plan with a co-payment. You can use the Aetna national network with this plan but you will pay the providers Aetna's contracted rates, not a co-pay. These plans will enroll down to one employee from groups of 2 to 100 equivalent full time
employees. Aetna NYC Community doc finder flyer
1st quarter 2016 rates posted.
6. Health Pass - EPO and PPO plans from Oxford and CareConnect in a private exchange. Offer your employees Oxford and CareConnect plans all on one group bill. This is an excellent option to groups in NY City and Long Island who are subject to the government mandate to offer affordable coverage to their employees. Cost conscious employees can choose low cost CareConnect plans and employees who are looking for broader coverage can choose Oxford and pay the difference. 1st quarter 2016 rates posted.
7. Emblem Select Care HMO plans available. Available for Long Island, New York City, Mid Hudson and Albany regions. Emblem plans now use the Select Care network for all of their small business plans. The Select Care network is a smaller subset network, please verify your provider accepts Emblem SelectCare before enrolling. 1st qtr 2016 and 4th quarter 2015 rates posted. EmblemHealth doctor search
8. Employee outsourcing ( PEO's ) - Non gated national plans. Very good network. These plans are available through several companies we broker for. Professional Employer Organizations or "PEO's" are third party administrators and HR partners for your business. If your business has a majority of young professionals under the age of 35 years old, you may want to consider a PEO. PEO's do charge a fee of about $100 per month per employee or higher to administer the day to day HR responsibilities of your business. The PEO will offer your employees large company health insurance benefits at fully underwritten premiums. So if your business has a majority of young employees your insurance costs will likely be less with a PEO, conversely if you have an older staff your costs will be higher. NYsmallgroupplans has several different PEO's available. PEO's typically work with white collar businesses with 10 to 100 employees with a majority of younger employees. Extensis PEO flyer Call for information.
Small Business Health quotes for upstate New York:
9. MVP Health Care has a great network of doctors throughout New York State. MVP is available In most counties North of NY City. MVP offers EPO, PPO and high deductible Plans. MVP currently has no minimum enrollment requirements, any group with 2 or more employees can enroll down to 1 employee, With MVP your employees can access the national Cigna PPO network in NY City, Long Island and Nationally outside of the MVP, NY state, service area. In addition you can enroll out of area employees without restriction into the Cigna network nationally. 1st quarter 2016 and 4th quarter 2015 rates posted. MVP doctor search
10. Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Has PPO and High deductible plans in three regions in NY state ( Utica region, Syracuse region and the Rochester region) These three regions cover from Delaware county up to Clinton county and as far west as Stueben, Monroe and Livingston Counties. Excellus also offers individual plans in these areas. Excellus require 75% participation after valid waivers.
1st quarter 2016 rates posted. Excellus Blue Cross doctor search
11. Univera Healthcare Buffalo region (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming counties). Univera also offers individual plans in these counties contact me for quotes. Univera is a subsidiary of Excellus Blue Cross. Univera offers EPO, PPO and High deductible health plans. Healthy NY plan requires the business to qualify with the Healthy NY program requirements, contact us to see if your group qualifies for the Healthy NY plan, otherwise Univera requires 75% participation after vaild waivers. 1st quarter 2016 rates posted. Univera Healthcare doctor search
12. Crystal Run quotes for PPO, EPO and HMO plans Crystal Run PPO and EPO plans use the Magnacare network throughout NY and NJ. Crystal Run PPO and EPO plans use the First Health national network outside of NY and NJ. In Orange and Sullivan counties Crystal Run uses it's own network of providers. Crystal Run requires that 75% of a businesses employees are covered by a health insurance plan. HMO plans are local only to Orange and Sullivan counties, HMO plans don't have a participation requirement. 4th quarter 2015 rates posted.
The regions that we service are:
Albany, Buffalo, New York City, Long Island, Mid Hudson, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica and Watertown.